You are here: Forum > ADVISER FORUM > PROVIDER FORUM > Nexus IFA > Considering or thinking about your exit route? – let’s have a non-committal coffee
Quick Links >

Considering or thinking about your exit route? – let’s have a non-committal coffee

Acquisition/consolidation seems to be very much in vogue  

Nexus IFA has been taking on retiring advisers for over 5 years now under our advocacy proposition (over 25 to date)

Advocacy is not for everyone and neither is it a simple purchase using multiples of recurring income (however on a quick technical point entrepreneur’s relief does apply)

We believe that finding the right cultural fit is right for all parties including the client. The latter often being overlooked.

Paying income for 10 years including guarantees to your partner/children we feel are equally important

If you’re very interested or simply curious then I’m quite happy you use a coffee as a way of explaining the options/choices but also what trip wires are out there!

Stress, non-committal

Ian McIver

0770 8712967 or imciver@nexusifa.co.uk

I've had a fair number of calls on the matter and 3 questions keep arising so I thought I'd clarify here

Q. Is geographical distance a problem?

A. Not at all - we have advocates in Leeds and Sussex (as examples)

Q. Do I remain authorised?

A. No but you can assist with maintaining the client relationship for as long or as short that suits you. Any clients or referrals that generate new business (and recurring income) are always shared with the advocate (the level of involvement is immaterial - the value is bringing the client to the table in the first place)

Q. Do you have a superb Christmas party and a golf day?

A.  We do indeed (OK, I admit it - I haven't been asked this question!)

Ian

0770 8712967

Post a Reply

Please sign in
Please sign in or register for an account to post a reply to this topic

Click here to sign in
Click here to register