You are here: Forum > ADVISER FORUM > PROVIDER FORUM > Mortgage Solutions > Issues with the service offered by free legals conveyancers / question for Mortgage Solutions
Quick Links >

Issues with the service offered by free legals conveyancers / question for Mortgage Solutions

Hi, would anyone have time to have a chat with me this afternoon about this ongoing issue? Our latest poll asked brokers what change they would most like lenders to make next year that would have the biggest impact on their clients. Improving the service offered by free legal conveyancers took 44 per cent of the vote. I'd like to get a few broker views on the current issues, which firms are causing the biggest headaches and the impact it has had on your clients. My email is sjpwriting@outlook.com.

Thanks

Sam Partington/Mortgage Solutions

I am an ex-conveyancer and frankly 35yrs ago when we didn't have email, nor bacs, and solely relied upon the post and bankers drafts, we completed conveyancing transactions far far more efficiently than conveyancers do nowadays. What causes the delay is as follows:-

parking the file until every last detail is received but not reminding the client in a timely manner

not chasing the client or alerting the introducer to delay

requesting redemption statements too soon

Point scoring (for whose benefit ?)

reactive rather than proactive

Thanks for your reply.

Virgin Money remortgage solicitors, Hugh James are awful, 45 mins on hold, not updating anyone etc, saying docs not received, never return calls.

Thanks for your reply. Is Hugh James the same firm as Involegal?

I concur! 30 minutes on hold to be put through to a voicemail. I left a message two days ago and they still haven't replied. I spoke to my Natwest BDM who has fortunately intervened and also told me that Natwest as a company are no longer referring to Hugh James due to the number of problems.

Anyone concerned Journalists are in the Adviser part??

They aren't.  They are in the provider forum and it is separate 

cashback remo is a good solution 🙂 

Hi all - This topic has been moved to the Provider Forum so all comments are now available to view by providers and advisers.  Let us know if you'd like us to remove or edit any comments - info@cherryplc.co.uk

Many thanks.

"Anyone concerned Journalists are in the Adviser part?"

Not really, after all he did not hide behind the anonymous and is trying to bring the farce of 'free legals' to a wider audience.

Involegal, via Natwest remo offerings are terribly slow, clients moving to svr as the conveyancers take to long with the file, the client portals work for some clients but not for the majority. It is a complete mess at the moment. Ordinarily we do not use the freebies but on certain cases we have no option.

Sail on - Understand that bit and the fact he has been upfront on this topic........but doesn't stop the lurking re our comments on other industry/personal matters

I appreciate that this may be too late for your article, but if you want follow up comment on Enact, I am more than happy to have a chat! 

Hi yes please send me an email sjpwriting@outlook.com. Thanks

Sam - the story here is not the poor quality of free legal services, that is the same with all the Firms and has been for a couple of decades.

You should perhaps consider that the free legals offer is now widespread across the market and not something lender any can easily drop. Instead Lenders have been squeezing the legal firms on margin for years. Take a look at what Enact and other actually earn per case and the numbers they handle.

Post a Reply

Please sign in
Please sign in or register for an account to post a reply to this topic

Click here to sign in
Click here to register