We’re able to offer owner-occupier mortgages for UK nationals working abroad and also UK or foreign nationals living and working in the UK but paid partly or wholly in a foreign currency. No change is being made to our existing ex-pat Buy-to-Let facilities.
The terms are as follows:
- The property must be the borrower’s main home and currently be used by them and / or their family members
- If the borrowers are not currently living in the property then they must intend to return to it at a future time
Should either of these circumstances change in future, no further lending or variation of the mortgage terms (inc. product switch) will be possible.
- Foreign nationals must have a permanent / indefinite right to reside in the UK
- Applicant must be employed (self-employed is NOT acceptable)
- The mortgage is available as interest only
- The planned repayment vehicle must be an existing Sterling denominated UK asset
- Repayment mortgages are NOT available
- For ex-pat applications, the completion fee charged will be the standard product fee or large loan fee (whichever is higher) plus 1.00%
- Terms available across our variable rate mortgage products
Please note that this is NOT an EU MCD foreign currency mortgage.
Please refer to our lending criteria for more information, such as details on the affordability assessment and the restricted list of countries accepted from ex-pat applications.