You are here: Forum > ADVISER FORUM > PROVIDER FORUM > Beneficial Trust & Will Company > How to lessen the impact of Inheritance Tax > Report topic or post

Report topic or post

If you feel like the content shown below has broken cherry's rules, please click the "Report to cherry" button at the bottom to let us know why.

Sorry,  don't consider myself a IHT mega expert (I am fairly good though)- but your financial promotion article doesn't mention about the Residential Nil Rate Band, where a property is involved and it is inherited by direct descendatnts (Natural, Adopted or step), the fact Spouses (Married or Civil Partnership) can inherit the unused normal NRB and RNRB - so up to £1,000,000 can be inherrited if the property value is atleast £350,000 (yes there is a taper over £2M)  or the Regular Gifts from Income, which don't effect standard of living also being exempt.

Can I as why such major points was missed - as to me - it sounds like you just read a 15 year book and put the bullet points down - and don't actually understand IHT?

Who signed off the Financial Promotion?

(The releveant outcome of my comments is hopefully it will save alot of time and costs to clients, as most clients will not have an IHT issue, although alot of people will have assets over £325,000 - alot will be under £1,000,000).

Please correct the following errors

Please verify you are not a robot

Can you briefly tell us why you’re reporting this post?