You are here: Forum > ADVISER FORUM > PROVIDER FORUM > Bluesky Multimedia > Sales road blocks

Do any of you suffer from sales roadblocks?

This is where you just seem to struggle to get the prospect or client over the line, particularly with life or home insurance which is so often viewed as just another expense.

I know from personal experience that closing an insurance deal can be frustrating, difficult, and peppered with objections.

But I wanted to improve my sales ratios by closing more prospects, and clients, and learn how to deal with objections in a way that allowed the prospect to still say 'no', and yet still close the deal.

So I set about to learn the techniques that taught me how to leverage the psychological power of communication and reach clients and prospects in ways I never thought were possible.

I learned how to read their body language and understand their preferred means of communication by carefully listening to the words they used and even by reading the meanings behind their eye movements.

I learned the unspoken rules of selling and how to recognise the type of motivation that drove them to make decisions just by asking simple but quality open questions.

Having made a successful earlier career in professional sales in financial services, I am now compiling an online course delivered in short bite-sized lessons in video, audio, and written formats to suit individual learning styles.

By learning the same techniques used by highly successful business owners, professionals working in the field of business development, and those who are new to advising will enhance your communication skills and lead to more conversions.

The course is due to be ready early next year and I would love to hear from anybody who is curious and wants to know more ahead of the launch. 

So if you were successful why have you packed it in?

If you were successful I'd have thought you would have done it until the day you retire. 

We have choices and I decided to choose to further my career away from Financial Services and focus on my true passion which is personal growth and business development.

I wouldn't have thought being an adviser and your passion being personal growth and business development were mutually exclusive ie. what's more rewarding than developing your own business and personal growth can be achieved outside of business.

I'm not going to lie, I read the post yesterday and to me it sounded very much like an informerical that you'd gett on late night cable tv when it was around.  A bit like Jordan Belfort's adverts near the end of The Wolf of Wall Street. 

Well make what of it as you like. I retired from financial services years ago and that was as a result of utilising my skills to allow me to afford to.

Interesting, you retired from Financial Services because you could afford to....

Yet are working again and looking for customers, presumably to help us poor people that cant do the role as well....

Surely, building a Financial Services business, would achieve your true passion of personal growth and business development.  I mean, taking and nurturing a new broker and watching them and a team grow.....

What seems to be missed in this thread is I retired my business by choice to develop and pursue other interests - not to stop working! 

I don't disagree with the last comment. Of course you can apply the same principles.

I decided I wanted to step back from running a business and responsibility of a team to focus on creating information products which I can do at leisure and shift the focus from relational to transactional sales fulfilment.

Post a Reply

Please sign in
Please sign in or register for an account to post a reply to this topic

Click here to sign in
Click here to register