Legal & General has worked with mortgage and protection network HLPartnership to simplify access for advisers using SmartrCriteria and SmartrFit search tools.

The mortgage club says brokers will “benefit from a streamlined connection directly between the two providers” without “having to sign in multiple times” or “juggle numerous windows or tabs”.

Legal & General announced a similar integration with mortgage platform Smartr365 last month.

It says it expects to roll out further “partnerships of this kind” as the business works more “closely with a range of other providers to bring the benefits of its tools to a broader intermediary audience”.

The club adds that its SmartrCriteria search tool, launched in 2019, and SmartrFit affordability calculator, launched last November, are free to all mortgage advisers, whether members of its mortgage club or not.

Legal & General head of mortgage transformation and operations Clare Beardmore says: “We’re committed to providing cutting-edge technology that streamlines the mortgage journey and benefits intermediaries.”

Beardmore adds: “Through these partnerships we are also making our tools accessible via advisers’ existing systems, providing functionality that integrates seamlessly with their current ways of working.”

HLPartnership commercial director Neil Hoare says: “As part of our ambition to provide advisers with the best tools to improve the efficiency and accuracy of their work, we are continually looking towards innovative new technology that supports intermediaries.”

Butterfly Financial Services mortgage and protection adviser Harvi Claire adds: “SmartrCriteria has allowed me to work more efficiently through the limited time I have had available during lockdowns. On occasion, I have been unable to reach lenders or needed to juggle work with home-schooling and SmartrCriteria has provided much-needed guidance.

“It’s helped in placing business and made the client application process quicker and simpler. Alongside the excellent accuracy it provides, I’ve also found the ability to save my search results a great help.”

Find out more about HLPartnership at https://hlpartnership.co.uk/, call 03300 552 651 or email joinus@hlpartnership.co.uk