You are here: Forum > ADVISER FORUM > PROVIDER FORUM > Broker Support > How Much Time is Lost to Poor Lender Service
Quick Links >

How Much Time is Lost to Poor Lender Service

Just a quick check

Im looking to find out how much time in your average week has been lost to being on hold to Barclays or any other lender that has poor service levels at present?

I dread to think.  Most brokers are multi tasking at the moment.  In the office, I'll phone a lender off the landline call another on the mobile and I'll do research or admin while I'm stuck on hold.  You can absolutely guarantee that after 1hr 15mins both lenders will pick up at the same time.  I tried to place a case recently and only managed to speak to 6 lenders within 24hrs.  This isn't acceptable especially as service standards are something our clients can complain about. 

PS This thread would be better on the broker forum if you want replies.  I very rarely come on the provider side. 

As a provider of services to Advisers, we can't grant access to the Adviser only forum. 

We appreciate, it's a hot topic though!

I may direct people to this post.

I try not to phone lenders if I can help it.  The problem with Barclays is this isn't new its nothing to do with the pandemic they have been absolutely rank rotten on service for years.   

There are lenders who have been impacted by COVID/Volumes etc.

There are times when the IVR's don't work or when you get through to a human you are told their day has been answering so many calls not for them which means they can't take broker calls.  

I think its fair to say we're all frustrated.   

I would say about 30 hours per week within my company and there are only 3 of us. Its dire. Only good ones are Pepper, Kensington, and Halifax. The rest are still using the Work from home, covid, not enough staff lines to brokers, which to be honest do not wash anymore, its pathetic. There is one lender who has take 15 working days to look at a dip. 

Post a Reply

Please sign in
Please sign in or register for an account to post a reply to this topic

Click here to sign in
Click here to register