Mortgage lending displayed strong growth in October, the CML has revealed, with all sectors of the homeowner market posting both monthly and annual rises. The figures show that first-time buyer loans totalled £4.6bn, up 10% on both a monthly and annual basis, with 29,900 loans advanced, up 8% month-on-month and 3% year-on-year. Homemovers took out 35,400 loans (up 9% monthly and 3% year-on-year) at a total of £7.1bn, up 8% from September and an increase of 13% compared with October 2014. However, remortgage lending noted the strongest improvements, particularly in value terms: a total of 32,100 remortgage loans were advanced during October, up 6% monthly and 19% from October last year, with the total value (£5.5bn) marking increases of 10% and 34% respectively. Source Moneyfacts